Thursday 30 March 2017

Chapter 2: The Blue Candle

Hello All! I'm currently telling the story of what the Lord has been doing in my life over the past 2 years, and each segment builds upon the previous ones, so if you haven't read the first part yet, I would recommend going back to my original post and starting there! It'll make way more sense that way! 😊 Oh and thanks for stopping by and reading! 

Chapter 2

              A month or so later (while I'm still wrestling through all that the Lord had spoken to me about already) one of the pastors at my church approached me about being on a prayer team for an event at our church that we have twice a year. I hesitated, not really feeling super confident in my abilities to be a prayer team member, and so he just asked me to think and pray about it, and to get back to him in a week or two. A few days later I was at Chick-fil-a with a couple friends from work, enjoying our delectable chicken nuggets as well as each others' company. As we were finishing up, we decided to take the time to not only share prayer requests, but to pray with and for another as well. As Heather began to pray for Emily, I began to get this picture in my head, which seemed to have nothing to do with what she was praying about, but the more she prayed, the more vivid the picture became. Even after she was done, I couldn't shake the image out of my head! So I took a big breath of courage and stepped out into the unknown... I said, "So I got this image in my head and I am not really sure what it means at all, but hopefully it'll mean something to you". I then began to describe the vision to her and to do my best to pray into it. When I was done praying, I looked up to see that Emily was just absolutely bawling her eyes out, complete with mascara and eye liner stains all down her cheeks!! She just looked at me and kept repeating over and over, "You have no idea...you just have no idea! You really have no idea..." No explanation, just the phrase "You have no idea...you really have no idea..." And you know what? I didn't need to know! Whatever it meant, that was obviously between her and the Lord and it was clear to both of us that I was just the messenger. However, it was also very clear what the Lord was wanting to speak to me about! It was this moment of  confidence building, of realizing,"Oh wait...I can do this after all! I DO hear from the Lord and He DOES speak through me to others!" So the very next day I called up the pastor and told him that yes I would like to be placed on a prayer team after all...which leads to chapter 3 and how the Lord began to slowly dismantle this prison that I had unintentionally found myself in in chapter 1... 

2 comments:

  1. Julia, thanks for sharing your story. It's encouraging to see you blogging again. Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need more! Stay up all night and write the rest of this! I LOVE hearing what God has done!!!! Thank you for your obedience in sharing it with us. I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete